Video of the Day

LightBlog

Post Top Ad

LightBlog
LightBlog

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Why I can't go back home for the holidays, even in 'Animal Crossing'

Why I can't go back home for the holidays, even in 'Animal Crossing'

The house was in the same place I'd left it all those months ago — but everything was changed. The flowers grayed, bushes bare, an infestation of weeds now encroached on the pastel-tinted memories that once blossomed in my Animal Crossing town.

I stopped visiting Tiddy City (yes, that's my island and proud of it) sometime over the summer. When Animal Crossing: New Horizons serendipitously released right as lockdown orders began sweeping the nation at the end of March, it became a lifeline for me and many others. But "lifeline" is a generous word to describe my Animal Crossing co-dependence, as the hundreds of hours I sunk into completing video game chores, working to pay off imaginary bills, scheming the turnip stalk market, learning honest-to-god botany to crossbreed digital flowers, and celebrating knock-off holidays like Bunny Day (Easter) with friends replaced the real-world interactions that had suddenly became too dangerous to enjoy. Read more...

More about Christmas, Thanksgiving, Animal Crossing, Coronavirus, and Entertainment


from Mashable https://ift.tt/3nXxEpG

No comments:

Post a Comment

LightBlog

We’ll never share your email address with a third-party.

Labels

LATEST POST

Labels